What’s new for the 2021 Jeep Cherokee Latitude?
- New 2021 Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX delivers a long list of premium amenities, standard safety features and legendary Jeep 4×4 capability for an incredible value
- Cherokee Latitude LUX models now available for sale and order through local Jeep dealers
The new 2021 Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX promises a new level of comfort, luxury, and safety, combined with unmatched capability in the midsize SUV segment.
The new Cherokee Latitude LUX joins Latitude, Latitude Plus, Limited and Trailhawk models in the Cherokee lineup. With a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $30,145 for 4×2 models and $31,645 for 4×4 models (plus $1,495 destination), Cherokee Latitude LUX models are currently available for sale and order through local Jeep dealers.
The Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX includes a host of standard premium amenities, including Nappa leather seats, power front seats with power lumbar adjuster, heated front seats, premium-wrapped heated steering wheel, remote start, windshield wiper de-icer, and the latest Uconnect system with standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Available features include a dual-pane panoramic sunroof, premium nine-speaker Alpine sound system, and 8.4-inch touchscreen radio.
Standard safety and security features on Jeep Cherokee Latitude LUX models include:
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- A suite of premium LED lighting, including headlamps, taillamps and fog lamps
- Blind-spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Path detection
- LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- ParkView rear backup camera and park assist with dynamic gridlines
- Rain-sensing wipers
The Cherokee Latitude LUX comes standard with the 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with stop-start engine technology and high-efficient nine-speed automatic transmission. As the only V-6 engine in its class, the Cherokee Latitude LUX delivers 29 mpg highway and best-in-class towing capability (up to 4,500 pounds). The 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged engine, one of the most technologically advanced engines in the automotive industry, is optional.
For unmatched 4×4 capability in all weather conditions, the Latitude LUX comes standard with the Jeep brand’s renowned Selec-Terrain traction control system, which allows the driver to choose between five modes for optimal on- and off-road performance. Jeep Cherokee maintains its benchmark position by featuring rear-axle disconnect technology that reduces energy loss when 4×4 capability isn’t needed while improving fuel efficiency. The rear-axle disconnect seamlessly switches between two- and four-wheel drive for full-time torque management and does not require input from the driver.
“The new 2021 Cherokee Latitude LUX truly enhances the Jeep lineup and is a direct reflection of what our customers want and value the most in their vehicle – everyday practicality, exceptional comfort, with outstanding ride and handling characteristics,” said Jim Morrison, Head of Jeep Brand – FCA North America. “As the most capable midsize sport-utility vehicle, the Jeep Cherokee continues to offer consumers the ultimate blend of all-weather 4×4 capability and even more standard amenities at an incredible value.”
Optional features on the 2021 Cherokee Latitude LUX model include:
Comfort and Convenience Group, which includes security alarm, a power liftgate, auto-dimming rearview mirror, air conditioning with dual-zone automatic temperature control, universal garage door opener, a 115-volt power outlet, 8.4-in. touchscreen radio and 7-in. full-color thin-film transistor display
Sun and Sound Group, which includes a dual-pane panoramic sunroof and premium Alpine
nine-speaker sound system with subwoofer
Trailer Tow Group, which includes heavy-duty engine cooling, transmission auxiliary oil cooler, Class III hitch receiver, four- and seven-pin trailer-tow wiring harness and the full-size spare tire (4×4 models only)
New for 2021:
Standard safety and security features on all models include Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection systems, Full-speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking, LaneSense Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist and rain-sensing wipers.
Standard features now available across the lineup:
- Latitude – Power front windows (one-touch up/down), exterior mirrors with a heating element, supplemental turn signals, and courtesy lamps
- Latitude Plus – Heated front seats, premium-wrapped heated steering wheel, remote start, and a windshield wiper de-icer
- Latitude LUX (new model) – Nappa leather seats, power front seats with power lumbar adjuster, heated front seats, premium-wrapped heated steering wheel, remote start, and a windshield wiper de-icer
- Trailhawk – Heated front seats, premium-wrapped heated steering wheel, remote start, and windshield wiper de-icer
- Limited – Dual-pane panoramic sunroof, auto high-beam headlamps, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go, Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist with Full Stop, and ParkSense front/rear park assist with the rear stop
- New Latitude LUX model comes available dual-pane panoramic sunroof, premium nine-speaker Alpine sound system, and 8.4-inch touchscreen radio
- 80th Anniversary Edition (based on Latitude LUX) includes a dual-pane panoramic sunroof,19-inch wheels with Granite Crystal finish, power front seats with lumbar, dual-zone automatic temperature control, remote start, Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen radio, 7-inch full-color thin-film transistor (TFT) display, premium leather seats with Light Tungsten accent stitching, Anodized Gun Metal interior accents, black headliner, Berber floor mats and commemorative exterior badging
- Choice of 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged, 2.4-liter I-4 or 3.2-liter V-6 engines, also with three available four-wheel-drive systems that raise the standard for midsize SUVs with Jeep Selec-Terrain traction control system with up to five customized modes (Auto, Snow, Sport, Sand/Mud, and Rock), and best-in-class V-6 towing capability: 4,500 pounds and up to a 51:1 crawl ratio for low-range traction
- Fuel economy:
- Up to 31 miles per gallon (mpg) highway on 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged engine and standard 2.4-liter I-4 engine; optional 3.2-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with engine stop-start technology, which delivers best-in-class V-6 fuel economy (29 mpg highway); standard nine-speed automatic transmission and industry-first rear-axle disconnect, resulting in reduced energy loss when 4×4 capability isn’t needed, and improved fuel efficiency
- 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged engine, one of the most technologically advanced engines in the automotive industry, optimizes premium performance and fuel economy up to 31 mpg (270 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque)
- Refined front design, including front fascia, hood, premium LED headlamps, daytime running lamps, and fog lamps:
- Front lightweight aluminum hood evolves the Cherokee’s unique waterfall grille design to more closely align with the latest Jeep brand styling.
- Front bi-LED projector headlamps incorporate signature Cherokee daytime running lamps feature as a singular component.
- Rear features include lightweight composite and a hands-free power liftgate.
- Increase in rear cargo storage space of four cubic feet and retuned suspension packages for improved ride comfort
- Latest Uconnect systems include easy-to-use features, enhanced processing power, faster start-up times, dynamic touchscreens, high-resolution graphics, standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and available 4G LTE Wi-Fi HotSpot and Jeep Skill for Amazon Alexa.
- More than 80 available advanced safety and security features
For 2021, the Jeep Cherokee lineup consists of five models:
- Latitude Plus
- Latitude LUX (new model)
- Trailhawk (4×4 only)
Available Exterior Colors:
- Billet Silver
- Bright White
- Diamond Black Crystal
- Granite Crystal
- Hydro Blue (exclusive to 80th Anniversary model)
- Light Brownstone
- Olive Green
- Slate Blue
- Spitfire Orange
- Sting Grey
- Velvet Red
Available Interior Colors:
- Black / Light Frost
- Black / Ski Grey