The 2021 Kia K5 is one of the many vehicles in a very impressive lineup that KIA will deliver in 2021 and 2022. The 2021 Kia K5 GT brand new top trim with a 2.5 L Turbo 4 cyl engine gets 290 Horsepower and lots of desirable features inside and out.
Exterior and Interior
The 2021 Kia K5 strikes an evocative exterior styling and can be heard before it is seen with the sport-tuned suspension & quad exhaust. You can keep both hands on the handsome GT steering wheel with the stitched leather while using your wireless phone and the Wireless Phone Charging unit.
- Shark skin-inspired mesh design on front grille and dual chrome exhaust tip garnish (GT-Line, GT)
- Signature “Heart Beat” daytime running lights and taillights with available LED “dashes” span the width of the rear deck lid
- Gloss black applique on rear glass enhances fastback shape while maintaining sedan functionality and cargo space
- Newly designed 16-, 18-, or 19-inch alloy wheels (18- and 19-inch wheels come with sporty Pirelli P-Zero tires)
These interior highlights create a three-dimensional layout and driver-centric space:
- Aircraft-type shift knob
- A mix of premium and sporty upholstery options including red leatherette seating, satin chrome metallic and wood-like finishes on the dashboard and door panels, depending on trim
- Panoramic sunroof
- Flat-bottom, sport steering wheel (GT-Line, GT)
Kia’s exhilarating and efficient powertrain options unleash the spirit of the everyday driver, with a “turbocharged” lineup that includes a choice of two powerful engines. Kia engineers further pushed the envelope with an available eight-speed “wet” dual-clutch transmission for fast and precise gearshifts, plus an available all-wheel-drive system for improved traction and capability. More details include:
- 2.5-liter turbocharged GDI + MPI four-cylinder engine making 290 horsepower and 311 lb.-ft. of torque, paired with the new 8-speed “wet” Dual Clutch Transmission (GT), goes 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds2
- A first for Kia, the in-house developed, 8-speed “wet” DCT helps K5 establish credentials as a sports sedan.
- 1.6-liter turbocharged GDI four-cylinder engine producing 180 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque, managed by an all-new eight-speed automatic transmission (LX, LXS, GT-Line, EX)
- The engine adopts Continuously Variable Valve Duration (CVVD) functionality. An industry first, this technology results in a performance boost and improvement in efficiency thanks to independent control of the valve duration.
- All-Weather Drive, available all-wheel-drive (AWD) with the 1.6T engine, provides all-weather capabilities and enhanced driving performance by actively distributing torque between the front and rear wheels, depending on road conditions and driving situations (LXS & GT-Line option). AWD will be available in late 2020 and offered only with a 1.6 turbo engine.
- First for a Kia sedan is the K5’s all-wheel-drive system is a front-wheel-drive.
- Uses electro-hydraulic system to control AWD coupling for a quicker response and more precise control
- “Snow” drive mode enhances driver security and all-weather confidence.
- Normal, Smart, Sport, and Custom drive modes adjust settings for the engine, transmission, AWD (when equipped), and steering mapping to provide the desired driving experience.
- GT steps it up with Sport+ mode to enhance driving characteristics.
How does the 2021 Kia K5 drive?
Keith Turner drove the Kia K5 around California, and they were almost as impressed as Keith was, “Turning heads everywhere I go in the 2021 Kia K5 GT-Line in Sapphire Blue. This stylish midsize sedan has an aggressive grille, menacing eyes, and a gutsy little 1.6L 4-cylinder turbo engine.” The 2021 Kia K5 provides a drive that will make you fall in love with the road again! Hop into the driver-oriented cockpit and hit the backroads of the Sierra Nevada Foothills of California! Watch the video for more of Keith’s thoughts and some of his bloopers.
The 2021 Kia K5 is longer, lower, and wider than the sedan it replaces and will be available with an all-wheel-drive variant.
MSRP: From $23,590, which is in line with most competitors in the midsize car class
Horsepower: 180 to 290 hp
MPG: Up to 29 city / 38 highway
Dimensions: 193″ L x 73″ W x 57″ H
Engine: 1.6 L 4-cylinder, 2.5 L 4-cylinder
2021 Kia K5 Exterior Colors
- Glacial White Pearl.
- Everlasting Silver.
- Wolf Gray.
- Gravity Gray.
- Passion Red Tint Coat.
- Sapphire Blue.
- Crystal Beige.
- Ebony Black.
2021 Kia K5 fuel economy
Automatic transmission (est.) miles per gallon (MPG) front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 LX 1.6T GDI front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 LXS 1.6T GDI front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 GT 2.5T GDI front-wheel-drive
Automatic transmission (est.) miles per gallon (MPG) all-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 LXS and GT 1.6T GDI front-wheel-drive
How much will the 2021 Kia K5 cost?
2021 Kia K5 LX 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 LXS 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 EX 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission front-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 LXS 1.6T 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission all-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line 1.6T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed automatic transmission all-wheel-drive
2021 Kia K5 GT 2.5T GDI Inline-4 – 8-speed dual-clutch transmission front-wheel-drive