2010 Chicago Auto Show (CAS)
Chicago, IL – John Cafaro is on the design staff of General Motors. He took us on a walk around the Buick Regal GS.
The Buick Regal GS is a concept to the production vehicle.
Are there new colors for this vehicle?
Some of the specs on the Buick Regal GS:
- The 21st-century successor to Buicks Gran Sport heritage
- Bold, sporty design with unique exterior details and an aggressive stance
- High-output Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged engine and six-speed manual transmission
- Adaptive all-wheel-drive system and electronic limited-slip rear differential
- 0-60 in less than 6.0 seconds
- Buicks class-exclusive Interactive Drive Control System
- Power for the Regal GS comes from a high-output 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged engine with direct-injection technology. It is based on the engine that will be offered on Regal CXL models later this summer, but the engine and turbocharger are tuned to deliver greater boost pressure in the GS. The output is estimated at 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque (400 Nm).