Continental has so many new technologies coming out, some production, some concepts. Here are some clever ideas that haven’t gotten the attention they deserve.
Continental Automotive Camera Cleaning Systems
At least once a week I clean my windshield. I do that so that I can see out of the windshield better. It’s something most of us do without thinking about it; it’s a natural reaction. When cars become automated they are still going to need to see, this time it will be through a camera’s eye instead of a human’s eye.
The functions will enhance the future use of Surround View and Mirror Replacement by not only providing images but also actively intervene with braking and steering maneuvers in hazardous situations or dim the high beams. In order to ensure the correct working of these functions, cleaning will become an absolute necessity. Continental has provided solutions, concerning this matter, which are already in series production (e.g. Night Vision cleaning system).
- Different spray pattern for camera and Lidar systems
- Static or telescopic nozzles possible
- Heated with heater wire for the nozzle and/or lens
- Nozzle technologies: Ball nozzle / Fluidic insert
- Integrated check valve for short response time
Features & Benefits
- Increased driver satisfaction
- Prepared for autonomous driving
- Higher sustainability rating
- Increased road safety
- Easy to assemble
- With and without heating function
- One supplier from the pump to the camera nozzle
- System responsibility in one hand