Ford triples car sales in Russia in 2003
From Russia with love to Ford
Ford Motor Company triples sales in Russia in 2003
Ford introduces five new models in the first half of 2004.
Moscow, Russia, January 13, 2004 –
The sales tripled compared with the previous year (sales volume was 6669 cars in 2002):
- Focus – 15 876 cars
- Mondeo – 2770 cars
- Transit – 665 cars
- Maverick – 665 carsHenrik Nenzen, President, Ford Russia, and CIS, commented: “The year 2003 became a record for our company in the Russian market. Undoubtedly, the success factors for Ford Focus are the quality of local production, cost of ownership, and the dependable and exciting Focus product itself. We are very pleased that our consumers appreciate these qualities of the Russian-built Ford Focus that are a result of Ford’s global manufacturing standards at our plant near St.Petersburg”.Ford Motor Company offers special programs for its customers in Russia:
- The retail finance program for domestically produced Ford Focus enables customers to get a vehicle with 50% down payment. The interest rate is as low as 4.9 %. As many as 27% of the customers selected to finance part of the purchase through this program.
- An insurance program that Ford Motor Company launched allows customers who buy Ford Focus and Mondeo to receive maximum insurance coverage at a low cost. Other milestones included:
- The dealer network expanded from 57 to 85 dealers throughout 65 cities in Russia
- Cost of Ford Focus ownership represents a very important feature and the Focus regular maintenance inspection price is offered at only 50 Euro
- Fleet sales reached it’s best ever result with 250 added new companies.
- With the introduction of a second shift at St. Petersburg, Ford took its presence in the increasingly important Russian market to a new level. Henrik Nenzen added: “Ford Motor Company reached an outstanding sales results in 2003. I am confident that this is only the beginning of our company’s growth in this market. Ford plans to increase car sales volume by up to 30,000 units in 2004. We will be able to offer our clients, five new models, during the first half of 2004: StreetKa, Fusion, C-MAX, Expedition, and Ranger”.The Ford Group (Land Rover, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Ford) became number one for the first time on the market among non-Russian manufacturers. The Ford Focus is the most bought non-Russian nameplate brand for 2003.