From Ford’s press releases
- Fords hot-selling Explorer is now the most fuel-efficient seven-passenger SUV on the market, delivering an EPA-certified 28 mpg on the highway with an all-new 2.0-liter EcoBoost® engine. This is the first application of this advanced engine in North America.
- The hot-selling Ford Explorer “ the 2011 North American Truck of the Year “ has already doubled 2010 Explorer model year sales volume, with Ford seeing the strongest customer preference for well-equipped, range-topping models
- EcoBoost engine technology combines turbocharging and direct fuel injection on smaller engines to provide customers the power they want with the fuel efficiency they need.
The Ford Edge crossover, the latest vehicle to receive the companys EcoBoost® 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, is now certified by the EPA to deliver 30 mpg highway. This complements the best-in-class Edge V6 fuel economy to give utility customers expanded fuel efficient choices.
- Ford Edge with EcoBoost is now the 13th Ford model/powertrain combination to deliver an EPA fuel economy rating of 30 mpg or more
- EcoBoost, combining smaller engines and turbocharging, is a global Ford engine technology that gives customers the power they want and the fuel efficiency they need