GM BRINGS AUTOSHOW IN MOTION TO TOWN
WHERE ONE CAN TEST DRIVE TIL YOU DROP!
WHAT: More than 100 cars, trucks and SUVs will be open, keys will be available and San Francisco area residents will be encouraged to take them for a test spin when General Motors brings
AutoShow In Motion to Alameda Point. AutoShow In Motion is a unique opportunity to literally test drive until you drop!
Whats more, consumers can take vehicles for a spin on real-life driving courses “ even going over potholes and dirt. GM not only offers up it’s own vehicles to test drive, but brings out the competition like Mercedes, Toyota and BMW, to create “one-stop shopping.” But no sales people are on-site, so the experience provides leisurely exploration at this FREE event.
VISUALS: – Thousands of local residents experience an auto show “in motion”
– Corvettes zip around a coned race course
– Consumers drive HUMMER H2s over a giant dirt hill and sloped turns
– Large and small SUVs and trucks are tested over road bumps
– Luxury and mid-size cars cruise through windy coned courses
– Special Chevrolet extended drive to put vehicles through a 15-minute street drive
– Interview participants on the experience of “one-stop shopping” without pressure
– A safety display warning against leaving children alone in vehicles shows how dangerously
hot the interior of a closed vehicle can become
Note: TV cameras may drive in the passenger seat of any vehicle and shoot POV b-roll.
WHEN/WHERE: Alameda Point
Thursday, August 26, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, August 27, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, August 28, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, August 29, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.