GM autoshow brings thousands to San Francisco
WHAT: GM – More than 100 cars, trucks, and SUVs will be open, keys will be available and San Francisco area residents will be encouraged to take them for a test spin when General Motors brings AutoShow In Motion to Alameda Point.
AutoShow In Motion is a unique opportunity to literally test drive until you drop!
What’s more, consumers can take vehicles for a spin on real-life driving courses – even going over potholes and dirt. GM not only offers up its own vehicles to test drive but brings out the competition like Mercedes, Toyota, and BMW, to create “one-stop shopping.” But no salespeople are on-site, so the experience provides leisurely exploration at this FREE event.
– Thousands of local residents experience an auto show “in motion”
– Corvettes zip around a coned racecourse
– Consumers drive HUMMER H2s over a giant dirt hill and sloped turns
– Large and small SUVs and trucks are tested over road bumps
– Luxury and mid-size cars cruise through windy coned courses
– Special Chevrolet extended drive to put vehicles through a 15-minute street drive
– Interview participants on the experience of “one-stop shopping” without pressure
– A safety display warning against leaving children alone in vehicles shows how dangerously
hot the interior of a closed vehicle can become
Note: TV cameras may drive in the passenger seat of any vehicle and shoot POV b-roll.
WHEN/WHERE: Alameda Point
Thursday, August 26, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, August 27, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, August 28, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday, August 29, 2004 “ 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.