Ian Callum, Jaguar C-X75, at the 2010 Los Angeles auto show
The cars Ian Callum, the chief designer for Jaguar, are so beautiful, so fluid. What does he dream about?
The JAGUAR C-X75 is an electric car, or a two gas turbine range extender. The car is purported to go 200 miles per hour and gets gobs of horsepower.
But it is the design that has everyone talking.
What is Callum’s inspiration?
Here are the specs from Jaguar on the C-X75:
* Stunning range-extended electric supercar concept
* A celebration of 75 years of beautiful, fast Jaguars, points the way to a new design language
* Capable of reaching 205mph (330km/h), sprinting from 0-62mph (100km/h) in just 3.4 seconds and blistering acceleration from 50-90mph (80-145km/h) in just 2.3 seconds
* Four powerful 195bhp (145kW) electric motors “ one for each wheel – produce 778bhp and an astonishing total torque output of 1,180lb ft (1,600Nm)
* Two micro gas-turbines, spinning at 80,000 rpm, can generate enough electricity to extend the range to a remarkable 560 miles (900 km); and produce just 28 grams of CO2 per kilometer from the cars plug-in charge capability
* A zero tailpipe emissions range of 68 miles (109km) while running solely on battery power