The Infiniti Essence concept was first presented as a concept at the 79th International Motor Show of Geneva. I met up with Shiro at the 59th Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. I had the rare opportunity of sitting inside the leather/suede Essence with Shiro.
The dramatic design flows from the outside to the interior. The concept is based on a 592-horsepower, rear-wheel-drive gasoline/electric hybrid coupe.
* A front-engined, two-seat, 592-horsepower, rear-wheel drive luxury coupe concept measuring 185 inches long
* A preview of Infinitis gasoline/electric hybrid drivetrain “ capable of high speeds when conditions allow, zero emissions where they dont
* Fresh design language to influence future production models
* New safety technology, including Back-up Collision Prevention
* Minimalist and intensely driver-focused interior
* “New luxury” meets traditional Japanese craftsmanship
* Louis Vuitton fitted luggage to maximize trans-continental capability