2010 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), Detroit, MI – Michael “Mickey D” Digiovanni is General Motor’s executive director of market analysis.
We asked GM’s market research guru:
1. Do car delinquencies match the trend of unemployment?
DiGiovanni talks the unemployment rate and consumer confidence.
2. What are the percentages of delinquencies when broken down between subprime and prime buyers?
3. Are more Americans falling into the subprime group? Are more prime Americans going into delinquencies?
4. If supply tightens and prices increase to meet CAFE requirements will that stall sales?
5. What saved 2009?
6. What is the official number General Motors is forecasting for 2010?