Nissan at CES2020
Nissan’s vision for the future of mobility will come to life at CES 2020 through a series of immersive and spirited exhibits – ranging from the zero-emission Nissan Ariya Concept to an electric ice cream van and a golf ball that always finds the cup.
Guests will be able to experience omotenashi, the word for true Japanese hospitality, during their stay at the Nissan booth. The booth features exhibits that engage all five senses and show how advanced vehicle technologies can power and add excitement to everyday life.
Highlights will include:
- The Nissan Ariya Concept, bringing together advanced technologies on an all-new EV platform, is making its North American debut at the Las Vegas trade show. The zero-emission crossover embodies the Nissan Intelligent Mobility, representing an expansive lineup of technologies and services that promise customers an innovative, future-thinking driving and ownership experience.
- Frosty treats dispensed by Nissan’s zero-emission ice cream van
- A golf ball inspired by Nissan’s ProPILOT 2.0 advanced driver assistance technology, which guarantees you’ll sink your putt each time
- Selfies that can be taken at the speed of Nissan’s Formula E race car
- Acoustic meta-materials that ensure a quiet cabin and a serene ride
- Displays of Nissan’s new Formula E and the Nissan LEAF e+ electric vehicles
The Ariya Concept
The Ariya Concept is a crossover EV with twin electric motors, powerful acceleration, award-winning driver assistance technology, and a look that signals a complete reinvention of the brand’s design.
The new Nissan Ariya Concept, introduced today at the 46th Tokyo Motor Show, signals the dawn of a new era for Nissan as the company embarks to redefine its brand philosophy for the next evolutionary phase of the automobile.
The Ariya Concept features a spacious, premium cabin with high-tech features and a body that conveys the pure, clean nature of electric cars. It embodies the Nissan Intelligent Mobility vision of personal transportation – one where electrification and vehicle intelligence will offer seamless and adaptive travel experiences free of accidents or harmful emissions.
The Ariya Concept expands on design elements first hinted at by the Nissan IMx concept at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. They include the bold electrified V-motion signature “shield” and striking rear light blade, short overhangs, and an interior that feels more like a lounge than a conventional vehicle.
Although it’s a concept vehicle, the crossover EV’s bold styling and unconventional interior and exterior elements could make it into production shortly.
“The Ariya Concept represents a strong collaboration between design and engineering,” said Yasuhiro Yamauchi, representative executive officer, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. “It is the next stage of Nissan’s future design language as we embark on a new era for the company – the next stage in our evolution.”
The Ariya Concept shares the stage at the Tokyo Motor Show with the Nissan IMk; an EV urban commuter concept revealed earlier this month. The two vehicles serve as “bookends” for Nissan’s new vision of an electrified brand identity.