Battista electric hypercar to launch in Germany at the Greentech Festival
* Germany premiere for pure-electric Battista hyper GT follows global debut at the Geneva International Motor Show
* Pininfarina Battista arrives in 2020 as the most powerful road-legal car ever designed and built in Italy with 1,900 hp/ 2,300 Nm torque with zero-emissions thrusts Battista to 100 km/h in less than two seconds yet is capable of 450 kms on one charge with a 120 kWh Li-ion battery pack
* Paolo Pininfarina says “Battista realizes a dream” as his family name adorns the first in a future range of beautiful, innovative, zero-emissions electric cars
* Evocative design meets unprecedented performance as Automobili Pininfarina CEO Michael Perschke presents the first luxury GT electric vehicle
* Battista’s all-electric powertrain delivers performance unachievable with an ICE powertrain and an access-all-city-areas ability for future zero-emissions zones
* PURA design philosophy – Purity, Beauty, Rarity – encapsulates Pininfarina car designs as Automobili Pininfarina Design Director Luca Borgogno channels their spirit into Battista
* No more than 150 Battistas will be individually hand-crafted at the Pininfarina SpA atelier in Turin, Italy
* Nearly 90 years of legendary Pininfarina cars referenced in three Battista specifications, united by elegant design and as beautiful as the promise of extreme performance
World-class engineers and designers have teamed up with leading technology and design partners to deliver a unique performance car Automobili Pininfarina’s sustainability vision highlighted by Battista as an inspiration for EV desirability at the pinnacle of performance and luxury cars.
Michael Perschke, CEO at Munich-based Automobili Pininfarina, said: “Battista represents a beautiful dream for us all. In just 12 months we have set up an amazing new luxury car brand that has brought together an enviable group of world-class German motorsport and high-performance car experts. We are now working tirelessly to ensure our hypercar is the car that makes the world fall in love with electric power, and we look forward to presenting the Battista in Berlin.”
Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra & Mahindra, Paolo Pininfarina, Chairman of Pininfarina SpA, and Dr. Pawan Goenka, Chairman, Mahindra Racing, launched the new car brand with Michael Perschke, CEO, Automobili Pininfarina at the Rome Formula E race on 13th April 2018. The company is 100 percent Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Inspired by, and paying homage to, famous Pininfarina designs such as the Cisitalia 202, Ferrari Dino Berlinetta Speciale, Ferrari Modulo, and Sintesi concept cars – each ahead of its time and instantly influential when presented – the Battista will feature classic Pininfarina design cues and a unique blend of beauty and technological innovation in perfect balance. Battista owners are guaranteed the same vision, passion, and innovation that comes with all the iconic Pininfarina-designed cars of the past.
A beautiful carbon fiber body with a full carbon chassis is the dress that houses the Rimac electric powertrain featuring double wishbone coil-over suspension.
Technical Specifications: Pininfarina Battista
Range: 450 km
Acceleration: 0-100 km/h Under 2.0 secs.
Acceleration: 0-300 km/h Under 12.0 secs.
Power output: Up to 1,900 hp (1,400 kW)
Max. torque: Up to 2,300 Nm
Top speed: Over 350 km/h
Drive: All-wheel-drive with torque vectoring function
Drive modes: five different drive modes
Type: Carbon-ceramic 6-piston front and rear, 390 mm front / 390 mm rear
Supplier: Pirelli Tyre SpA
Type: Bespoke Pirelli P Zero tire (mounted on a 21-inch rim in an exclusive new design for the Battista show cars)
Structure: Full-carbon fiber monocoque with carbon fiber body panels Aluminium crash structure front and rear
Battery Pack: Layout T-shaped battery pack in the center tunnel and behind seats
Supplier: Rimac Automobili
Battery: energy 120 kWh
Charging: Charging technology DC fast charging capability
Leave a Reply