Sander Kuiken, Technical development diesel application, Volkswagen AG talked to me about clean diesel and the difference between the VW Touareg diesel and gasoline vehicles.
1. Why does diesel get better torque than a gasoline engine?
2. If a gasoline engine can get the same type of torque as a diesel engine what does the gasoline engine have to give up?
3. Why does diesel get better miles per gallon than gasoline?
4. Volkswagen has two different deNOX systems: the NOXSC, (storage catalyst), is used in the VW Jetta TDI. The SCR (selective catalytic reduction) deNOX system is used in the Volkswagen Touareg TDI. What is the difference between the two? Why do you use one in one vehicle over the other deNOX system?
5. In the adblue system created by Volkswagen, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz what are the contents? How much urea is in the makeup? Why?