- Singer Vehicle Design and Singer Reimagined will be present at a range of events throughout 2019 Monterey Car Week in California
- The largest gathering of Porsche 911s Reimagined by Singer gathering for the 10-year celebration
- As the development phase of Singer’s Dynamics and Lightweighting Study Comes to an end, its DLS car returns to Monterey
Monterey Car Week is going to be one big anniversary party for Singer Vehicle Design. The Boutique restoration and design house will celebrate ten-years of milestones and successes that began with its first restoration shown in the Monterey Peninsula back in 2009. Over two dozen owners will be sharing the local Monterey-area roads with their custom 911 reimagined by Singer.
Ten years ago, in the corner of a small workshop in Sun Valley, California, the newly formed Singer Vehicle Design began its first restoration of an air-cooled Porsche 911.
Over the last ten years, Singer has defined their philosophy:
* iconic design optimized for the twenty-first century
* an authentic link between heritage and cutting edge
* a refusal to compromise on either dynamics or aesthetics
Singer has become part of the public lexicon in the automotive sector; Reimagining is Singer. “Singerize” has become a verb; interest in heritage has been re-kindled, and there is a new standard set for the celebration of the automobile.
Also, Singer’s obsession and fascination – the pursuit of automotive and mechanical art, guided by the mantra Everything is Important – has found a global following of kindred spirits.
Rob Dickinson, founder, and the creative director for Singer Vehicle Design explains: “Singer began as a personal philosophy, but we seem to have resonated with something in the world of the twenty-first-century design.” It’s incredibly affirming and humbling to discover how so many of us think as one, as car enthusiasts.
The entire automotive industry seems to be going through a period of reimagination right now. The next ten years will see Singer continue to innovate and bring new ideas to the world that look to celebrate both the past and, increasingly, the future.”
The world of Singer today encompasses:
- Bespoke restorations for owners of the air-cooled Type 964 Porsche 911 with engines from 3.6L to 4.0L, in both coupe and Targa body styles and 2WD or 4WD configurations for a discerning global clientele
- Dynamics and Lightweighting Study undertaken with a formation of technical partners in pursuit of the most advanced air-cooled 911 in the world
‘Special Wishes’ department for owners who wish to explore particularly specialized restorations and engineering
- Formation of sister company Singer Reimagined, based in Geneva
- The Singer Reimagined Track 1 collection of revolutionary, award-winning chronographs, from the people behind Singer Vehicle Design and inspired by the same love of mechanical art and attention to detail
- Singer Reimagined Track 1 – Hong Kong Edition — named Chronograph of the Year at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerié de Genève 2018
Leave a Reply