Get on the bus with the new VW electric drive “Bulli” concept at the 2011 Geneva auto show.
- 1,450 kg lithium-ion battery with a maximum storage capacity of 40 kWh electric motor outputs 85 kW with 199 lb.-ft of torque
- 0 to 62 mph in 11.5 seconds (top speed governed to 87 mph
alternative 1.0 or 1.4 liter gas or diesel direct injection engines
- 156 inches x 68.4 inches x 66 inches wheelbase 102 inches 54 inches front and rear tire width front-wheel drive electric motor forward of the front axle integral drive primary components are an E-motor, high-voltage pulse inverter and DC/DC converter on the 12-Volt system
- LED daytime running lights and LED turn indicators placed as an upside down L shape at each outer corner
- Two fog lights on, central air intake and black front spoiler
- two-tone paint
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 70-liter bootspace behind the tailgate.
- outer and middle front seat positions can fold down for a 2/3 split and the rear seat can lay flat
- Sound system comes from amplifier and guitar legend Fender (USA).
Bus, magic now ‘electric’ bus from VW carries six including the driver with a ‘infotainment’ mantra iPad center console interface. The iPad interface controls Bluetooth hands-free telephone, navigation, climate control, and the hazard warning switch. Also, the speedometer and multifunction display in the cockpit communicates with the Ipad.